Due to COVID our volunteer opportunities are currently limited. We look forward to the return of in-person volunteering in the future.
While many in-person options are limited at this time, volunteers are able to purchase items from our Amazon wish list such as linens, school or baby supplies!
Create or host a fundraiser benefitting our agency programming, virtual or COVID-appropriate. Our special events
funding has been impacted by the pandemic.
Follow us on our social media channels. We are trying to build awareness and keep our supporters informed.
If you have an idea for a virtual volunteer activity, please contact us and share your idea.
- Activity Coordinator: Share your hobbies and interests with our residents by facilitating an activity or teaching a class. Share your talents and an hour or two of your time with our residents and show them someone cares. Best times are late afternoons and evenings. Current activities that are high need: movie night, ice cream party, cookie making. Current classes that are high need: scrap booking class, class about personal hygiene, arts & crafts class.
- Babysitter: Provide childcare for infants and/or children here in our residential Mother-Child Program, Sarah’s House, while moms attends classes/activities, do homework, go to work, or run errands. Volunteers must 18 years old and be able to lift a child and/or infant, change diapers and provide feedings as needed. Volunteers also must pass a background check, finger print screen, and drug test. We require volunteers to pay $40.95 towards this process. Flexible schedule: 1-4 hour shifts on week night evenings.
- Baby Shower: Collect much-needed baby items for our moms and moms-to-be, such as diapers, bottles, wipes, clothes, toiletries, etc., or coordinate an on-site shower to distribute the gifts directly to the expectant moms and help them celebrate this exciting time
- Bright Blessings: Volunteer with Bright Blessings (www.brightblessingsusa.org), a nonprofit community partner of Florence Crittenton, and sign up to host a party at FCS. Help our residents celebrate their birthdays and pending deliveries by sponsoring monthly birthday parties and baby showers! Parties are held on the second Thursday evening of each month from 6 PM- 7 PM.
- Donation Drive: Coordinate a donation drive to collect much-needed items on our “wish list” to help meet clients’ needs. Please ask for a current copy of our donation wish list to help guide you in your efforts.
- Fundraisers: Host an event, such as a luncheon or dinner, auction, bake sale, garage sales, etc. and donate the proceeds or donations to Florence Crittenton Services
- Grounds Beautification: Work on our grounds by clipping hedges, weeding, picking up debris and trash, spreading pine straw, sweeping, washing windows, or planting flowers. This helps improve and maintain the appearance of our grounds and building, thus creating a more home-like environment for our residents!
- Holiday Celebrations/Treats: Provide our residents with holiday-related treats, “goodie bags” or inexpensive favors for special occasions, such as Easter baskets, Christmas stockings, Mother’s Day, Valentines, cards, etc. We are always open to your creative ideas! Our residents are served snack everyday at 3 PM and again at 8 PM.
- Meals: Provide a meal for our residents while helping the agency save money! You can use our kitchen but we recommend preparing the meal off-site and bringing it in. You can also arrange for a fun activity, such as bingo immediately following the meal. The meal schedule is as follows: breakfast at 8:00 AM, lunch at 12:30 PM, and dinner at 5:00 PM. On weekends breakfast is served at 8:30 AM and dinner is served at 5:30 PM. A group representative is required to meet with the volunteer coordinator and tour the facility and kitchen in advance of the activity.
- Tutor: Work directly with a client enrolled in middle/high school or GED classes, college courses or preparing for the G.E.D., or who needs improvement in specific skills, supplementing classroom learning. Volunteers must 18 years old.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Crittenton! Volunteers bring value to our program and are essential to our ability to fulfill our mission.
How to become a Volunteer?
Please contact Camerie Brooks-Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 704-372-4663 if you would like to become a volunteer.
Thank you for your interest in Crittenton and helping the girls and women we serve.