We are always looking for creative and caring volunteers like YOU to help us serve our residents! Below is a list of ways you can volunteer, but we are always looking for new ideas of ways to involve our supporters. Please contact us and let us know your ideas!
You can even volunteer from home! Check out our Amazon Wish List where you can help us purchase essential items such as linens, school or baby supplies!
Some ideas to get you thinking…
- Activity Coordinator: Share your hobbies and interests with our residents by facilitating an activity or teaching a class. Best times are late afternoons and evenings. Current activities that our clients love: movie night, ice cream party, cookie making, scrapbooking/ baby book making class, health classes, arts & crafts, fitness/ yoga classes
- Babysitter: Provide childcare for infants and/or children in our residential Mother-Child Program, Sarah’s House, while moms attend classes/activities, do homework, go to work, or run errands. Best times are weeknights for 1-4 hours. Volunteers must 18 years old and be able to lift a child and/or infant, change diapers and feed the child as needed. Volunteers also must pass a background check, fingerprint screening, and drug test. We require volunteers to cover the cost of this process.
- Baby Shower: Collect much-needed baby items for our moms and moms-to-be, such as diapers, bottles, wipes, clothes, toiletries, etc., or coordinate an on-site baby shower to distribute the gifts directly to the expecting moms and help them celebrate this exciting time!
- Bright Blessings: Volunteer with Bright Blessings (www.brightblessingsusa.org), a nonprofit community partner of Crittenton, and sign up to host a party at our facility. Help our residents celebrate their birthdays and pending deliveries by sponsoring monthly birthday parties and baby showers! Parties are held on the second Thursday evening of each month from 6 PM – 7 PM.
- Donation Drive: Coordinate a donation drive in your community to collect much-needed items on our “wish list” to help meet clients’ needs. Please ask for a current copy of our donation wish list to help guide you in your efforts.
- Fundraisers: Host an event, such as a luncheon or dinner, auction, bake sale, garage sales, etc. and donate the proceeds to Crittenton.
- Grounds Beautification: Help us maintain our grounds by clipping hedges, weeding, picking up debris and trash, spreading pine straw, sweeping, washing windows, or planting flowers. This helps improve and maintain the appearance of our grounds and building, thus creating a more home-like environment for our residents!
- Holiday Celebrations/Treats: Provide our residents with holiday-related treats, “goodie bags” or inexpensive favors for special occasions, such as Easter baskets, Christmas stockings, Mother’s Day, Valentines, cards, etc. We are always open to your creative ideas! Our residents are served snack everyday at 3 PM and again at 8 PM.
- Meals: Provide a special meal for our residents! You can use our kitchen, but we recommend preparing the meal off-site and bringing it in. You can also arrange for a fun activity, such as bingo immediately following the meal. The meal schedule is as follows: breakfast at 8:00 AM, lunch at 12:30 PM, and dinner at 5:00 PM. On weekends, breakfast is served at 8:30 AM and dinner is served at 5:30 PM. A group representative is required to meet with the volunteer coordinator and tour the facility and kitchen in advance of this activity.
- Tutor: Work directly with a client enrolled in middle/high school, GED classes, college courses or preparing for the G.E.D. who needs some extra help with certain subjects. Special interest in Spanish speaking tutors. Volunteers must 18 years old.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Crittenton! Volunteers bring great value to our program and are essential components of our organization!
What to become a Volunteer?
Please contact Karla Escobar at email@example.com or at 704-372-4663
Thank you for your interest in Crittenton and helping the girls and women we serve.