Phone 704-372-4663


Financial Arrangements

Making Financial Arrangements


Maternity and Mother/Child Program

After you’ve completed an admissions assessment and have been approved for a program by the admissions coordinator, the next step is to apply for State Maternity Funds through the Department of Social Services in your home county or through a North Carolina state-licensed adoption agency. State Maternity Funds are available based on a client’s need for services.

Clients must apply for Medicaid or private insurance upon admission to Crittenton. Additionally, medical charges for clients at Crittenton include outpatient charges at outside medical facilities such as Atrium and Novant, and area OB-GYNs. Crittenton does not provide these services.

Foster Care

If you are in the custody of the Department of Social Services, you will be covered by foster care funds through your county. Please have your social worker or guardian contact Crittenton at 704-372-4663 to begin this process. Note, if you are interested in the Sarah’s House program, both mother and baby must be in DSS custody.

At the time of your admission to Crittenton, a contractual agreement that outlines financial responsibilities must be agreed on and signed by adult clients, or custodial parent/guardian if you are a minor. If you are in Department of Social Services custody, you must be accompanied by a Department of Social Services staff member.

Have Questions?

 For more information, contact us here or by phone at 704-372-4663.